Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I've been bad...

I've been a very bad blogger and I'm sorry! I have been cooking but my photos haven't been coming out so well. I think the problem is that by the time I get home from work I'm rushing to get dinner on the table so we eat at a decent time. I'll take a quick photo because I'm in a rush to eat (not a big surprise! lol) but then later I'm not happy with the way the photos turned out! :-( I promise I will put more time into my photos because you're all missing out on some great recipes! Again, SO sorry! Some of the new things I made are Pulled Brisket Sandwiches, Homemade Ranch Dressing, Buttermilk Chicken Breast Strips with Panko breadcrumbs, Homemade Gnocchi with a Bolognese Sauce and Escarole and Mini Meatball Soup. I may post them anyway even though the pictures weren't that great because all of those meals were delicious!

In the meantime I have to apologize for one more thing. I have neglected to tell you all about this awesome contest going on over at Bakespace. If you read this blog often you know how much I LOVE BAKESPACE! I have met so many great friends through this community. The contest has been going on all month but there is still time to participate! Don't miss out on this one! Check it out and join bakespace today!



I promise I'll be back very soon with some photos and recipes! Hope you're still reading!

9 comments:

Lucy..♥ said...

Ooooh Michele don't knock youself.. the same has been happening at my blog, you'd think we weren't eating & it's for the very same reasons. One suggestion, take lots of photo's!! it really helps. ;-)

Spryte said...

Such a tease!!!

Bob said...

I'll forgive you this time. ;) But I really want that pulled brisket recipe!

Shane T. Wingerd said...

It's OK Michele... I know how it goes. I went almost 2 months without publishing cause of photo issues... And I have to say, I am with Bob... Pulled Brisket pleeeeeeeeze ;)

Unknown said...

I have been having the picture problem too...I get home from work and its so dark that there isn't any good lighting. Sometimes a stick a lamp on the kitchen counter. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, still here! Not going anywhere, Michelle!

Daziano said...

It does happen that sometimes photos don't look as good as the real dish, and then you're like "Errrghhh I won't publish this" So, I totally understand you!

Barbara GF said...

I can relate, Michelle. My husband often says to me, "We had meals before there was THE blog." He's a good sport, though, and a photographer, so he understands.
I have been known to break out the lamps and flashlights to get a quick pic, too.
I could just imagine the fun I would have if I did not work all week and had a real studio with lights, etc.
But your food is real and from the heart, and that's what counts the most, Michelle! :-)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to eat and not stopping to take photos Michelle! It's wonderful you do so many great dishes and still work full time --that is a feat!

Good luck in the Bakespace contest!

I can't wait to see your gnocchi -- we love them